December 14-17, 2021 Grant Management Boot Camp Webcast with Live Instructor-Lucy Morgan CPA.
Our expert-led federal grant training webcast format covers the Uniform Guidance, including the Administrative Requirements and Cost Principles, spread over four half-day consecutive sessions 1-4 PM ET (10 AM – 1 PM PT.)
Imagine How You Would Feel Achieving Grant Confidence…
If this sounds like you?
- You are tired of asking for clarity and simple explanations when all you get is more confusion or, even worse, “silence” to your questions…
- You feel like an “accidental” visitor into the world of grants, with no training and unsure of what’s expected and needed…
- You’ve been at this for a while, but you feel nervous that things are changing and you may be left behind…
- Or perhaps, you’ve decided something HAD to change, so your team or organization can achieve a shared understanding of what’s required and collaborate more effectively…
Then you will love our supported approach to training for individuals and groups. We created our training system to de-code and de-stress federal grants.
Imagine Federal Grant Training That Changes Lives…
We know people have different journeys to the world of federal grants…
- If you are interested in leveraging federal grants to improve communities…
- If you’d like to feel confident you are making the right decisions to keep your federal dollars flowing…
- Or if you want to be comfortable that you have clarity around complex rules and regulations
Then please take a moment to learn more about our grant training because federal grants can change the trajectory of your life and your community’s life.
Here’s why: We’ve helped thousands of customers feel grant confident through with our grant training… and we want to help you too!
We designed our training to break down complex federal rules into understandable and actionable steps. That means no more feeling confused, worried, and overwhelmed about expensive mistakes with federal grants.
Our e-mentoring supports you for a full year after your training so that you can ask questions and confidently handle the expectations from a new position in grants to an up-to-date recognized resource at your organization.
And everything in between…
Feel confident working with federal grants without the hassle of travel! 🙂
Feel More Confident with Federal Grant Management Training
Here are the Details:
Date: Tuesday-Friday December 14-17, 2021 Four half-days of training (Replays included)
Time: 1 PM-4 PM ET (noon – 3 PM CT, 11 AM – 2 PM MT, 10 AM – 1 PM PT)
Plus, successful completion of Grant Management Boot Camp qualifies you for a Certificate of Completion for your professional development and 12 GPCI CEUs.
>>>Investment for the Training: EARLY BIRDS SAVE $400 Just
Here’s What You Get with Grant Management Boot Camp
In addition to the twelve contact hours of training, you also get:
- Live-instructor interaction via chat during the training for questions and clarity about the training
- Access to the online MyFedTrainer Training Center – chock-full of guides, templates, checklists, and more all designed to help you make federal grants more manageable!
- Get access to a complete set of replays for a full year after the training to refresh and reinforce your learning investment.
- A full year of e-mentoring and support after your training to help you apply the concepts you learned, clarify the confusing and often conflicting guidance, and support you in your professional development.
Why MyFedTrainer.com is Different
When you register for training from MyFedTrainer.com, you don’t just get someone reading PowerPoint slides… You also get the best of Lucy Morgan, CPA; a GPA Approved Trainer.
We are personally invested in your grant journey because we know what it is like to feel confused, uncomfortable, and overwhelmed with federal grants.
We want to help you feel more confident with the maze of federal rules so that you feel ready to help your community with federal grants.
Lucy’s Story – Make Grant Management More Manageable
I’m in my second decade helping individuals and organizations with a wide range of experience be more grant confident with federal grant management.
So, whether you are new to grants or an experienced professional who wants to be up-to-date on the latest federal rules, I’ve designed our programs for relevance to a wide range of skills.
I use a balanced approach with insights into basic terminology and concepts while exploring more advanced strategies and evolving hot topics in each program.
But I know it’s not enough to fill up your brain with facts and kick you out the door.
That’s why I support participants in our courses for a full year of e-mentoring about federal grant management after the training.
That means that you can feel supported with the questions that come up when working with grants, not just during our training.
Does that help you feel more confident?
It’s a simple concept, but I’ve got your back to support you during and after your training.
Happy dance! 😀
Because I’ve been there too!
I know the ups and downs you will face, and I’ve incorporated my years of expertise and recognition as a federal grants training authority into our grant training and support.
When you register, you’ll get access to my tried-and-tested training system that I’ve used for years to help de-code and de-stress federal grants.
And I’ve used these exact strategies to help thousands of grant professionals feel more grant confident, and I want to help you too!
And MyFedTrainer.com offers even more ways to connect…
Additional Grant Resources: Listen to our Grant Talks podcasts and watch and subscribe to our MyFedTrainer.com YouTube Channel. Check out our free social media resources under the #grantinfofriday hashtag on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Who should attend Grant Management Boot Camp?
Grant Management Boot Camp is designed to be an easy-to-understand overview of the federal grant regulations that govern all federal grant recipients.
This course is for:
- Executive Directors
- Grant Coordinators
- Grant Directors
- Grant Managers
- Grant Specialists
- Human Resources Staff
- Procurement Staff
- Program Managers
- Program Staff
We include the basics for beginners and strategies and trends for the more experienced grant professionals so everyone can increase their professional development.
PLUS, we support all participants with a full-year of e-mentoring after the training!
Here is What We Cover in Grant Management Boot Camp
Grant Management Boot Camp gives you an overview of the entire Administrative Requirements and Cost Principles in 2 CFR Part 200 (also known as the Uniform Guidance, UG or “Super-Circular”).
- Getting started with Federal awards
- Overview of the grant lifecycle
- Managing risk for federal agencies and pass-through entities
- Pre-award requirements for grant recipients
- Types of agreements used with federal funding
- Avoiding suspension and debarment cost disallowance
- Monitoring and reporting requirements for federal funding
- Reporting requirements when you receive federal funding
- Revisions of budgets and program plans for grant recipients
- Financial management and control requirements
- Ensuring adequate documentation of your federal award
- Payment Management for grant recipients
- What you don’t know about handling federal funds that can get you an audit finding
- Procurement standards-Best practices and requirements
- Getting your procurement procedures in compliance with the new grant regulations
- Five procurement methods, aka the procurement “bear claw,” including sole sourcing
- Recognizing and avoiding conflicts of interest
- Meeting competition requirements for grant funding
- Other contract issues that can cost you big
- Property management standards
- Understanding the different types of property
- Why property title matters to your organization
- Proper care and use of property purchased with federal funding
- How to dispose of property and stay in compliance with your grant
- Closing out awards
- How to wrap up your federal award
- What to do about record retention
- Direct costs and indirect costs
- Basics of direct and indirect costs
- Understanding the direct cost base for cost allocation
- How to allocate costs for strategic advantage
- What are the different types of indirect cost rates?
- Grant Management-It Takes a Village
- What are internal controls, and how do they impact my job?
- What needs to be included in your Code of Conduct?
- Why time and effort reporting is such a critical component of grant management
- How to keep up with every-changing public policies required by the federal government?
- Surviving the Single Audit
- Common reasons grant recipients get audit findings and how to avoid them
- Cost basics
- What makes costs allowable and unallowable?
- What are some common types of allowable and unallowable costs?
Click here to download the course agenda-in 2-day and 4-half-day formats
Click here to download the course syllabus
Register Early for the Best Deals
We offer substantial discounts for early bird registrations.
>>>Investment for the Training: EARLY BIRDS SAVE $400 Just
Or register a group for even bigger discounts on federal grant management training!
We also discount the investment for a team (up to 10 people) and an entity (up to 50 people) registrations while allowing flexibility for groups to schedule their folks into any of our regularly scheduled courses within a 12-month period.
Meet Your Trainer-Lucy Morgan
Lucy Morgan is a CPA, MBA, GPA-approved trainer, speaker, and author of 3 books, including the newest edition of Decoding Grant Management-The Ultimate Success Guide to the Federal Grant Regulations in 2 CFR Part 200.” As a leading authority on federal grant management for nonprofits, institutions of higher education, and state, local and tribal governments, she has written over 250 articles on grant management topics featured in LinkedIn, various E-zines, and the MyFedTrainer.com blog.
She is a sought-after presenter at national conferences sponsored by organizations such as the Grant Professional Association (GPA), National Grant Management Association (NGMA), and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Lucy is also a highly regarded trainer whose techniques and teaching style come from real-world experience. Having faced many of the same challenges her audiences have endured, Lucy understands that what looks good on paper may not always work in the real world.
Because she has been there, she provides people of all professional backgrounds with practical tools to advance their careers and make a bigger difference in the world.
See what people are saying about Grant Management Boot Camp:
Here are a few of the comments we have received from our Webcast participants:
- “Outstanding training! Thank you for making it available as a Webcast!”
- “Great content. Great organization of content. Lucy is an excellent presenter. Plus, the ability to ask follow-up questions as I work through policy and procedure issues in real-time is invaluable.”
- “Wonderful. Thank you!”
- “The pace, clarity of content and examples provided an easy to grasp an awareness of the grant management process and its regulation.”
- “Training has been very valuable.”
- “Having access for one year to re-view the Webcast is worth the cost of the live training. Plus, all of the additional resources are fantastic!”
If you are not satisfied with your training, contact us within 30 days of your training event, and we will refund your entire training purchase price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Federal Grant Training
I need to pay by check. Can I get an invoice?
We recognize that some organizations prefer to pay by check or electronic transfer instead of a credit card. If you need an invoice sent to you so you can pay by check or Paypal electronic invoice, please click here to complete the form.
We will send you an invoice and payment instructions along with a copy of our company information and DUNS number for your procurement department.
I’m purchasing this training for someone else. How do I get them registered?
If you are purchasing this training for a different person or buying multiple registrations for yourself and others, please send an email to Joanne@MyFedTrainer.com with the details. We are happy to get them all registered under their individual names. If you have any questions about purchasing training for someone else, please contact us.
What internet resources are needed to view the federal grant training webcast?
To watch our Webcast, please ensure you have the following:
- System Requirements: Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Supported desktop browsers: Up-to-date versions of browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, Safari 8 or higher, Microsoft Edge (you can’t use the unsupported Internet Explorer browser)
- Supported mobile browsers: Chrome, Safari (iOS)
- Internet Connection: 5-10mbps download speed is recommended. Check your connection at www.speedtest.net.
- Ability to view YouTube videos from your computer to watch the presentations-so check with your IT folks if you think that may be blocked at your organization.
- Headset or speakers to hear the presentation if your internal speakers on your computer are not sufficient for listening to the Webcast.
Get More Details About Our Webcasts:
Get More Details About Our Group Training:
Get Registered Now for Grant Management Boot Camp
>>>Investment for the Training: EARLY BIRDS SAVE $400 Just
Now Is Your Time!
You can do this! Navigating federal grants successfully may seem almost impossible, but it is 100% worth it! Life becomes so much better once you become confident you know what to do to untangle the maze of federal rules!
Be part of the movement to help communities with federal grants. Now’s the time to step up, take action, and say, “WHY NOT ME? I CAN BE GRANT CONFIDENT!” Because you CAN do this!
We’ve helped thousands of customers before you get grant-ready. Let’s get started right now on your journey to achieve grant confidence!