October 24-25, 2019 Grant Management Boot Camp in Orlando Florida with Lucy Morgan CPA.
Our expert-led live training overs the Administrative Requirements and Cost Principles spread over two consecutive days.
Get up-to-date on the Uniform Guidance and gain confidence about managing federal grants! 🙂
Here are the Training Details:
Date: Thursday-Friday October 24-25-2019
- Two days of training
Time: Day One: 8:30 AM-5 PM ET, Day Two 8:30 AM – 3 PM ET
>>Complimentary Networking Luncheon provided both days!
You can get up-to-speed on the new federal grant regulations, and avoid the time-consuming and expensive travel for training!
Successful completion of Grant Management Boot Camp qualifies for 12 GPCI CEUs.
What’s included with Grant Management Boot Camp
In addition to the twelve contact hours of training, you also get:
- Live-instructor interaction during the training for questions and clarity about the training.
- Access to the online Grant Management Boot Camp Resource Center chock-full of guides, templates, checklists and more all designed to help you make managing your federal grants more manageable!
- A full year of e-mentoring and support after your training to help you apply the concepts you learned, clarify the confusing and often conflicting guidance and support you in your professional development.
Who should attend Grant Management Boot Camp
Grant Management Boot Camp is designed to be an easy-to-understand overview of the federal grant regulations that govern all federal grant recipients.
- Executive Directors
- Grant Coordinators
- Grant Directors
- Grant Managers
- Grant Specialists
- Human Resources Staff
- Procurement Staff
- Program Managers
- Program Staff
We include the basics for beginners and strategies and trends for the more experienced grant professionals so everyone can increase their professional development.
PLUS we support all participants with a full-year of e-mentoring after the training!
What We Cover in Grant Management Boot Camp
Grant Management Boot Camp gives you an overview of the entire Administrative Requirements and Cost Principles in 2 CFR Part 200 (also known as the Uniform Guidance, UG or “Super-Circular”).
Getting started with Federal awards
- Overview of the grant lifecycle
- Managing risk for federal agencies and for pass-through entities
- Pre-award requirements for grant recipients
- Types of agreements used with federal funding
- Avoiding suspension and debarment cost disallowance
Monitoring and reporting requirements for federal funding
- Reporting requirements when you receive federal funding
- Revisions of budgets and program plans for grant recipients
- Financial management and control requirements
- Ensuring adequate documentation of your federal award
Payment Management for grant recipients
- What you don’t know about handling federal funds that can get you an audit finding.
Procurement standards-Best practices and requirements
- Getting your procurement procedures in compliance with the new grant regulations
- Five procurement methods aka the procurement “bear claw” including sole sourcing
- Recognizing and avoiding conflicts of interest
- Meeting competition requirements for grant funding
- Other contract issues that can cost you big
Property management standards
- Understanding the different types of property
- Why property title matters to your organization
- Proper care and use of property purchased with federal funding
- How to dispose of property and stay in compliance with your grant
Closing out awards
- How to wrap up your federal award
- What to do about record retention
Direct costs and indirect costs
- Basics of direct and indirect costs
- Understanding the direct cost base for cost allocation
- How to allocate costs for strategic advantage
- What are the different types of indirect cost rates?
Updating the Employee Handbook
- What’s required in your Code of Conduct for federal funding?
- How Family-friendly policies are supported by the federal government?
- Why time and effort reporting is such a critical component of grant management
Surviving the Single Audit
- Common reasons grant recipients get audit findings and how to avoid them
- What makes costs allowable and unallowable?
- What are some common types of allowable and unallowable costs?
What people are saying about Grant Management Boot Camp:
Here are a few of the comments we have received from our Live Training participants:
“Lucy presents her information, in an easy-to-understand format. We received a lot of positive feedback from the attendees. What we valued most from the training is the way she can explain something complex, legal jargon, in a way that is easy for the common person to understand. She presents the facts that an organization needs to know – the parts that are most crucial to the life of grant management at any level. “
The Chickasaw Nation
“It was wonderful meeting you and to receive such clear information about the upcoming grants management revisions. The handouts and examples are very helpful.”
American College of Emergency Physicians
Where is the Training Location?
Where: Grant Management Training is conveniently located less than 15 minutes from Orlando International Airport at the Hyatt Place-Orlando Airport
The Hyatt Place-Orlando is located at 5435 Forbes Place, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32812
- By Calling 1-888-492-8847
- By going online to Hyatt.com and entering G-FEDT in the group/Corporate
- By using Link: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-place-orlando-airport/orlza?corp_id=G-FEDT
Reserve by September 26, 2019, to receive the discounted $122/night room rate! (Reg. room rate $207/night-not including taxes.)
Guests staying at the Hyatt Place-Orlando Airport enjoy:
- FREE Breakfast on site
- FREE Parking on site
- FREE Wi-fi
- Complimentary shuttle: Enjoy the convenience of the airport shuttle available from 4 am to 2 am daily and within a three-mile radius
- 24/7 dining: Enjoy freshly prepared favorites on your time in the hotel
- Minutes away from Orlando’s world-class theme parks such as Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and SeaWorld
Orlando International Airport (MCO) (6 miles)
MCO is a major hub served by most major airlines including top-rated Southwest Airlines
A wide selection of hotels is conveniently located close to the Grant Management Training including:
Courtyard Orlando Airport-7155 North Frontage Road, Orlando, Florida 32812
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Orlando Airport-5440 Forbes Pl, Orlando, FL 32812
Lots of restaurants are located nearby
What is the Training Schedule?
- Day one registration begins at 8:00 AM.
- Day one training starts promptly at 8:30 and wraps up at 5 PM.
- Day two starts at 8:30 AM and concludes at 3 PM.
- Periodic breaks are taken along with a lunch break.
- Lunch is provided for both days
Meet Your Trainer
Lucy Morgan is a CPA, MBA, GPA approved trainer, speaker, and author of 3 books including Decoding Grant Management-The Ultimate Success Guide to the Federal Grant Regulations in 2 CFR Part 200” As a leading authority on federal grant management for nonprofits, institutions of higher education and state, local and tribal governments she has written over 250 articles on grant management topics featured in LinkedIn, various E-zines and on the MyFedTrainer.com blog.
She is a sought-after presenter at national conferences sponsored by organizations such as the Grant Professional Association (GPA), National Grant Management Association (NGMA) and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Lucy is also a highly regarded trainer whose techniques and teaching style come from real-world experience. Having faced many of the same challenges her audiences have endured, Lucy understands that what looks good on paper may not always work in the real world.
Because she has been there, she provides people of all professional backgrounds with practical tools to advance their careers and make a bigger difference in the world.
Want Lucy to come to YOUR location?
Click Here to find out about group training
If you are not satisfied with your training, just contact us within 30 days of your training event and we will refund your entire training purchase price.
Do you need to pay by check?
We recognize that some organizations prefer to pay by check or electronic transfer instead of credit card. If you need an invoice sent to you so you can pay by check or Paypal electronic invoice, please click here to complete the form.
We will send you an invoice and payment instructions along with a copy of our company information and DUNS number for your procurement department.
Are you purchasing this training for someone else?
If you are purchasing this training for a different person, please send an email to Joanne@MyFedTrainer.com with the details. We are happy to get them all registered under their name. If you have any questions about purchasing training for someone else, please contact us.